this is the Swiss shaving horse I made this summer, along with a few choice tools collected for bow work. My tools are far beyond my skills at this point. Here are a few remarks about the horse. There are stone relief carvings for similar horses dated as far back as 200 AD in the south of France. (source, Country Woodworking, a book I picked up at a yard sale.) The legs are not per the old fashion, but they work. I made it out of recycled wood. Mainly the bench is from a mahogany laminated desk that was left out in the rain by its previous owner. The seat was from a commercially made Windsor style chair that some tenant of a house I was working on had busted all to bits. The leg braces are from scraps of 2x4 left over from construction sites (taken with permission). I did not have an oak stump to make the neck and head, but used the desk wood (looks like a fir wood core to me, and I found a label on it that said 1926) so I cut some 1/4 inch pipe and epoxied it into the fulcrum holes in the neck. As you can see I also bolted the head together from bits cut out from the desk wood. It was tricky drilling the holes for the fulcrum, because the wood is too wide for my drill press, (a little 8 inch job) and it had to be done with long bits by hand. I held the drill on the bubble, but the hole was still not quite straight, so I had to trim the mouth of the head a bit to compensate for the angle. The balance was very iffy as well, so I put on a bungee, that also gives it a nice resistance that the old style horses did not have, but I have heard of using a wood spring for the same purpose. I had some bungee left over from a previous project but did not have any particularly springy wood around.) I had to add feet to the legs, to lift it up a bit and raise the foot pedal to keep it from hitting the floor. I did not have detailed plans, just pictures with a few basic dimensions. The critical dimensions were left off the picture I had to work with. They are the placement of the fulcrum bolt, the location of the pivot points holes in the neck, and the length of the slots in the bench and the inclined plane. I also had to shim the slots, to keep the neck from rattling. the fit of the neck in the slots is critical to smooth operation, so if you decide to make one like this, be more careful than I was with that. Sorry this is a bit blurry, but my hand is not as steady as it once was, and I don't have a tripod. Also, I am not giving up my dimensions, because they are not that precise, and I think you should make yer own mistakes, and not copy mine. ha ha.